The Denton Bach Society Seeks New Musical Director
The Denton Bach Society (in North Texas close to Dallas and Fort Worth), a volunteer, auditioned choral ensemble, is seeking a part-time Music Director to continue the excellent tradition of offering quality choral music to the Denton community. Founded in 1976 particularly to present music of the Baroque, its mission has expanded to include excellent performances of a wider variety of choral music.
The Choir meets on Monday nights, 7-9:30, from September through the May and gives 3-4 concerts a year. The position is salaried. Student intern assistant conductors are often appointed and are encouraged. There is a Governing Board in place to support and help with administrative tasks.
The successful candidate will
- Have an advanced degree in music
- Have experience conducting a chorus with a diversity of ages and skills
- Be knowledgeable in various performance practices
- Have experience in various languages and be able to teach proper pronunciation
- Have experience working with and conducting instrumentalists
- Recruit and audition prospective new singers; admit qualified candidates to the Choir; choose section leaders
- Be willing to interact with and support the choral endeavors of the two Denton universities (University of North Texas and Texas Woman’s University)
- Bring innovative ideas in continuing a vibrant board
- Lead the development of audience growth
- Be skilled in fundraising support activities (i.e., engaging with audience members, helping organize special events for social and fundraising purposes)
For further information, call DBS at 940-600-1311. To apply, contact David Pierce, chair of the search committee at email@example.com with a letter of intent, résumé, and the names of three references and their contact information. Please do not send video/audio files until requested.